These Programs have been designed to provide qualified U/W Videography Divers an overall awareness of the U/W Videography dive and to be able perform U/W Videography dives.
1. Certifications requirements:
a. Must be qualified as:
I. IANTD Open Water Diver or equivalent.
2. Age requirement:
a. A minimum of 15 years of age for Diver qualification with a parent or guardian authorization, OR;
b. A minimum or 18 years of age without guardian approval.
► Jr. U/W Videography Diver – Students between 12 years of age and 14 years of age who meet the U/W
Videography Diver performance requirements may qualify for a Jr. U/W Videography Diver certification that allows them to dive under the supervision of an adult who has a minimum of an open water diver certification level or higher.
1. Use of the Course Specific Presentation is optional with the use of the Course Specific Student Workbook or
IANTD eLearning which must be completed prior to any in-water training.
► IANTD recommends the use of both, Course Specific Presentation and workbook
2. All the water skills must be practiced until the student is proficient in each skill.
3. Academic Session(s) must include:
a. U/W Videography Terminologies and areas
b. U/W Videography Procedures
4. Confined Water Session(s)
5. Open Water Sessions
a. The specialty must have stress management as part of the curriculum.
Water Skills Development
1. Water Entries and Exits
2. U/W Videography Equipment & Backup Equipment
3. U/W Videography Skills & Techniques
4. Dive Procedures
6. Communication & Signals
7. Safety stop procedures
8. Planning and Procedures
9. Buddy organization
10. Common Hazards
11. Emergency procedures
12. Buoyancy control
13. Post dive maintenance
14. Post Dive Videograph management and basic editing
15. Perform an ascent sharing gas and establish positive buoyancy on the surface.